Monday, November 29, 2004

How Can I Get My Partner Back?

I stumble upon this from Barbara De Angelis' website Q&A section... And it sure does make a lot of sense. Most people just whine and view it their own way... Me, I choose to read and learn, apart from the experiences I get...


Q: My girlfriend broke up with me a few months ago because she said she wanted to date other people and needed some space. I still love her very much. How can I get her back?

A: You can’t. Your former girlfriend obviously doesn’t want to be with you right now. She’s not interested. She’s made that very clear. So as much as it hurts, and I know it does, you have to let go. You say you love her very much. Fine--then support her quest for happiness, even though it doesn’t involve you, and honor her wishes to not be with you. As difficult as this sounds, what are your true alternatives? There are none.

Let’s talk about you for a moment. You’re in love with someone who has rejected you, and are having a hard time getting over her. It’s no accident that you’re in this situation, and I’ll bet it isn’t the first time you’ve loved someone more than she has loved you. Please use this time alone to do some serious emotional work on yourself. You’re acting out a painful pattern, and even though you believe your troubles would be over if only your girlfriend would come back, that’s not the answer. You need to heal that insecure little boy inside you that doesn’t believe he’s lovable, and thinks he has to work really hard to get someone to care about him. Don’t make your goal getting her back--make it getting yourself back.

No comments: